Join The 'Pen Pals' Challenge ...

Every other Friday we will issue a new journaling challenge and post our sample pages on the blog. We'd love to have you join in with us too ... & maybe we'll pick you to be our 'Pen Pal of the Week!'

How you interpret the challenge is up to you, we will mostly create scrapbook pages - but feel free just to journal/blog post ...or maybe adapt the challenge to your art journals, cards & altered art.

Leave a comment on the challenge post with a link to your blog or gallery where we can find your work ... & if you'd like to be considered for the 'Pen Pal of the Week!' Guest Design Spot, be sure to e-mail your entry too!

Friday 8 August 2008

Ruth's Entry for Challenge #1

Journaling reads: I honestly worried about turning 30, I was very aware that I was closer to middle age than to my childhood which seems like such a short time ago, that I was getting lines around my eyes & that I would no longer be in my 20s. But I can honestly say that I feel great! I am happier now than I have been for a long time, I feel I have found a new part of me, I love my life & where it's going and I can achieve anything if I set my mind to it. For the first time ever, I can look in the mirror & I like what I see, how I feel, I love being me! I have found a new maturity & if this is how I feel now then bring it on. A few years ago I never dreamt I would feel like this about myself, I am so proud of me, of my life so far & looking forward to whatever my future holds.

Thanks for sharing with us Ruth!
If you'd like to enter this challenge, e-mail your submission or leave us a link to your blog post ... or do both!! Don't forget to show us your journaling too - we are all about the words here! LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WooHoo! I just LOVE that you're playing along in our challenge! Ruth ... this is just awesome! The color palette you've chosen is gorgeous ... love the natural feel of it ... it really allows your journaling to play an important part ... and for being 30 ... you look maaaah-vel-ous!!!

Looking back ... I have to agree ... being 30 was sooo much better than being 20! Enjoy this decade, girl .... there's even better times ahead!!

Nancywithajones said...

what a great page. I know im knockin hard on 40's door and its kinda hard for me but reading your journaling made me stop and take another look. YOu smart girl you!! LOVE the big numbers go ahead on with ya scrappy self!!!