Join The 'Pen Pals' Challenge ...

Every other Friday we will issue a new journaling challenge and post our sample pages on the blog. We'd love to have you join in with us too ... & maybe we'll pick you to be our 'Pen Pal of the Week!'

How you interpret the challenge is up to you, we will mostly create scrapbook pages - but feel free just to journal/blog post ...or maybe adapt the challenge to your art journals, cards & altered art.

Leave a comment on the challenge post with a link to your blog or gallery where we can find your work ... & if you'd like to be considered for the 'Pen Pal of the Week!' Guest Design Spot, be sure to e-mail your entry too!

Tuesday 12 August 2008

Jan's Entry for Challenge #1

This absolutely beautiful page was sent in to us from Jan. It's a perfect example that you don't have to journal paragraphs of text on your pages to tell the honest and heartfelt story.

Journaling reads:
When I first saw your face, I knew this was my destiny. You saved me. I don't know what I would have become without you. I love being a mom. The problem is, you all grow up too fast. Sometimes I wish you were a baby again.

Thank you so much, Jan, for sharing this beautiful page and your touching story with us.


Keep 'em coming ladies! It's just so much fun to see everyone's work!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness ... what a beautiful page, Jan. Everything works here ... your paper choices compliment your photo, the flower, buttons ... even that gorgeous butterfly. And, your journaling is beautifully written .. and with your heart wide open. Great job!

Bibi said...

This is a really awesome page - I love everything about it! :)

Beverley Todd said...

Thanks for sharing Jan! I love how you have said how you feel in just a few short sentences ... just goes to show that sometimes we don't need vast amounts of words to get it on the page (although sometimes that's good too!!)

Nancywithajones said...

OMGOSH I see so much BRIT BRIT On you in that photo!!! THis is awesome girl LOVE this page.JUST GORGEOUS!!!

Lynnise said...

What a beautiful page, and what a wonderful memory, boy we got started early, didn't we LOL :) Just that much more time to enjoy our babies, right :)

michelle said...

How beautiful to have this on paper for your child to see, to know what an impact on your life becoming a mother was.