Join The 'Pen Pals' Challenge ...

Every other Friday we will issue a new journaling challenge and post our sample pages on the blog. We'd love to have you join in with us too ... & maybe we'll pick you to be our 'Pen Pal of the Week!'

How you interpret the challenge is up to you, we will mostly create scrapbook pages - but feel free just to journal/blog post ...or maybe adapt the challenge to your art journals, cards & altered art.

Leave a comment on the challenge post with a link to your blog or gallery where we can find your work ... & if you'd like to be considered for the 'Pen Pal of the Week!' Guest Design Spot, be sure to e-mail your entry too!

Sunday 24 August 2008

Chantele's Challenge #2 Entry

Chantele is new to our challenges, so I'm particularly pleased to see her entry - we love new blood here! LOL. Here's what she told me:

I don't get to scrap as often as I want to but your challenge got me thinking and I quickly poured out this layout. Thanks for letting me participate. Oh, the journaling is a he said/she said every other line kind of thing. It says:
Me: I love you because you send chills up my body when you kiss me unexpectantly on my neck.
Him: I love the way you always stay close to me and hold my hand.
Me: I love you because you are my best friend.
Him: I love the way you snuggle into my chest every night.
Me: I love the way you hold me close every night.
Him: I love the kiss that's waiting for me everyday when I get home.
Me: I love how you always let me have the last piece of chocolate.
Him: I love how your always wanting to try new things like fishing, hiking, skiing, & motorcycling.
Me: I love how you can fix anything. There is nothing you can't do.
Him: I love to watch you jump on your bike and ride like you enjoy it and not because you felt pressured into it.

Thanks for sharing with us Chantele - I love the 'he said/she said' journaling style - & I bet you will look back fondly on these words well into the future. I love the style of your page too - it won't look dated in years to come!

Have you entered your project or journaling sample yet? Check out the details here and maybe you could be our next Pen Pal of the Week!
I will be back with my page ... but I haven't found my camera leads yet!! AAAAAAaaargggh!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG!! Chantele has joined us in our 2nd challenge??!!! What an honor to have you here, girl! I know how busy you are right now so to have to take the time to post to this challenge is quite a thrill!

Your journaling is so passionate and intimate. That a true romance you have going on there ... and I love your 'he said/she said' approach! How wonderful that 'he' was willing to participate so lovingly in the conversation! ;)

Your page is just so rich with detail! Pure eye candy! Love the cluster of the frame/heart/XO elements .. and the way you've 'stripped' the layers of papers with ribbon and die cut paper! Just awesome! Fabulous color combinations and the colored brad details as flower centers ... ? Your attention to detail is amazing! Love this! And, love you for playing along!

jan williams said...

OH I am so glad you submitted this layout! I love the journaling and the layout is AWESOME!!!!

Patti Smith said...

Oh Wow Chantele how absolutely AWESOME....great layout and I love, love the journaling...I'm getting up more courage for this site!!!