Join The 'Pen Pals' Challenge ...

Every other Friday we will issue a new journaling challenge and post our sample pages on the blog. We'd love to have you join in with us too ... & maybe we'll pick you to be our 'Pen Pal of the Week!'

How you interpret the challenge is up to you, we will mostly create scrapbook pages - but feel free just to journal/blog post ...or maybe adapt the challenge to your art journals, cards & altered art.

Leave a comment on the challenge post with a link to your blog or gallery where we can find your work ... & if you'd like to be considered for the 'Pen Pal of the Week!' Guest Design Spot, be sure to e-mail your entry too!

Thursday 9 October 2008

More About Chantele

Well it's been a li'l quiet around here this past couple weeks, so lets spend some time getting to know Chantele a li'l bit better. I asked her a whole bunch of questions & this is what she told me:

Tell us a bit about yourself :
My name is Chantele Jacobs. I have been married to my best friend since 1993. We have three boys ages 19, 17, & 13. I am the co-founder of Scrapbook Obsessions (http://www.scrapbookobsessions.com), a monthly Scrapbook Kit company.

How long have you been crafting?
I've been crafting ever since I was a child. My mother is a very crafty lady and as a young child I learned how to do counted cross stitch, painting, etc. My mother is also the one that got me hooked on scrapbooking in the early 90's.

What is your favorite craft? (Scrapbooking? Cardmaking? Etc)
My favorite craft would definitely be Scrapbooking. It is a creative outlet for me and a great way to display my family photos.

How did you start?
My mother kept buying me scrapbook supplies as gifts for my birthday, Christmas, etc. I actually had no desire to use them so I stored them all on the top shelf of my armoire. It wasn't until 2-3 years of collecting all the supplies she gave me that I actually sat down and used them for the first time. Now I'm hooked. LOL!

Describe your craft space?We recently moved into a larger home and I did not have the furniture to fill the formal living room so I turned it to my scrapbook room instead. I lucked out and was able to pick up some Pottery Barn shelving units for practically no money at all and they have become my favorite storage of all time. They hold soooo much stuff and what is really great is that with my supplies actually visible, I tend to use them more than those that are stuck in a drawer out of sight.

Wow! I *need* a room like that one! Thanks for sharing with us Chantele ... & if you want to know about Chantele's fave techniques, manufacturers & more ... come by later for the next exciting instalment! LOL.
Have you entered Chantele's challenge yet? Be quick, you only have until Midnight!! E-mail us!!!

No comments: