Join The 'Pen Pals' Challenge ...

Every other Friday we will issue a new journaling challenge and post our sample pages on the blog. We'd love to have you join in with us too ... & maybe we'll pick you to be our 'Pen Pal of the Week!'

How you interpret the challenge is up to you, we will mostly create scrapbook pages - but feel free just to journal/blog post ...or maybe adapt the challenge to your art journals, cards & altered art.

Leave a comment on the challenge post with a link to your blog or gallery where we can find your work ... & if you'd like to be considered for the 'Pen Pal of the Week!' Guest Design Spot, be sure to e-mail your entry too!

Saturday 18 October 2008

More About Aubree

I asked Aubree a whole bunch of questions too - and these are the bits that she chose to share with us:

Tell us a bit about yourself :
I am married with 3 beautiful children, a 7 year old son and 5 and 3 year old girls. My real job is taking care of the kids but for 40 hours a week, I moonlight as a hedge fund portfolio manager.

How long have you been crafting?
I started scrapping about 2 1/2 years ago. I never thought of myself as a creative person but a friend convinced me to try it out....now I am obsessed! I have taken over our extra bedroom and now have my own scrap space. My kids and I sit in there and scrap almost every day. They may just cut up paper and glue it to other scraps but in their minds and mine, we "scrap" together.

Top Journaling Tip? I struggle with journaling which is why I love this blog. It truely challenges me to write more about each event or memory that I scrap. I know my children will appreciate my work more when they can read the story behind the page.

Visit Aubree's Blog!!

Thanks for sharing with us Aubree! How great is it that you & your kids 'scrap' together? You sure are building happy memories with them ... & maybe one day when they are scrapping with their kids, they'll be telling the story of how they used to scrap with Mom!

No comments: